For the sake of your mental health, stress management, and general sanity, it’s necessary to travel once in a while. You can watch your home city fade over the horizon in the rear view mirror as you head for a place that gives you fresh perspective and new energy while you rest and relax. Why don’t you go fishing?
Many on the East Coast, particularly in the Carolinas and Georgia, love heading to Myrtle Beach for this. The great beaches, premium hotels, and many points of interest and entertainment, interspersed with plenty of great affordable dining, make this city by the sea a popular destination for those traveling with friends, looking for a romantic getaway with their partner, or fun for the whole family.
While here, though, you might choose to get away from your group or even off land for half a day. Twelve-hour fishing trips in Myrtle Beach let you spend time on the water enjoying your favorite pastime in a place you probably rarely get to. If you want to make the most of your trip, you need to pack appropriately for your day, so keep reading to learn 8 things that should be along for the ride.
1) Your fishing gear: This is be provided by Voyager Deep Sea Fishing, but if you like and trust what you already have, feel free to bring it along.
2) Sunscreen: You’re going to spend 12 hours out, most of it under the sun. The fish might burn you, but you don’t have to let the sun do it too.
3) Sunglasses: Even if the sun isn’t bad when you get on the boat, it can get old and bright later. Fishing isn’t something you’ll do indoors.
4) A change of clothes: Any time you spend on the water runs the risk of you getting soaking wet, whether it is sudden rain, bigger waves than anticipated, fish fighting back and splashing all over you, or even immature pranksters playing around. Even if it’s just sweating a lot over the day, you might appreciate a fresh t-shirt.
5) Seasickness medication: This might not matter if the boat is staying in freshwater on rivers and lakes or close to shore. However, if it’s headed into the Atlantic, you might need this.
6) Water: Beverage choices on the boat might be largely sodas and beer. If you want to stay hydrated for half a day, it’s best to be prepared.
7) Snacks: Voyager has refreshments for purchase, still, you never know when a banana or protein bar might give you the boost you need to stay fishing and catch the big one that makes your day.
8) Toilet paper: If the boat is big enough, it’ll have its own restroom. If the boat if filled enough with people, that restroom might not be stocked up well enough.
Now that you know 8 things to pack on your 12-hour Myrtle Beach fishing excursion, you should be ready for what the day has to throw at you. Give Voyager a call to schedule you unforgettable day at sea.
Check out another great review
I took my 18-year-old son down for a father-son weekend and was referred to Voyager Deep Sea Fishing by a coworker. Not knowing what to expect, this was an awesome time and my son thoroughly enjoyed himself. Thanks to the captain and crew for making this a memorable time with my son. I look forward to doing this again.