Is Deep Sea Fishing Worth It?
The long rainy days of the Pacific Northwest to the hot humid days of South Carolina make you dream about going on a fishing trip. Is deep sea fishing worth it? Here are a few things you need to know. Deep sea fishing in the right location can be an exciting adventure with an experienced guide. You will be able to fish in beautiful locations and catch many fish, making it a thrilling adventure.
To get the best value for your money, do your research before you sign up for a charter. You will have a better experience if you spend more time researching the location where you would like to fish.
What is the cost of fishing charters?
The old saying “you get what you pay for” is true. While you know your budget well, deep sea fishing guides can cost more than just a few fillets. You need to choose a reliable charter service that has well-maintained equipment, and experienced guides.
A 1/2 Day Fishing Trips with a professional Myrtle Beach deep sea fishing guide costs about $200.00 for adults for private charter fishing. You can save considerable money if you choose a large group option.
Do not be afraid to contact several companies and inquire about the perks they offer that are different from their competitors. Make a list of your questions and concerns. You should consider the company that provides you with the most answers. Next, you need to look for unbiased reviews so that others can comment on the trip’s value.
What Should You Bring On Your Fishing Trip?
Good charter fishing guides will give you all the information you need to catch fish.
It is important to dress properly and have multiple layers. This will ensure you are comfortable from beginning to end. Even in tropical locations, abrupt drops in temperature can occur far away from shore.
Here’s my list of essential clothing items:
- Wear lightweight pants and a shirt. Protect yourself against the sun and bugs.
- Windbreaker. When cruising from shore, sea spray can be a great way to get a cold start in the mornings.
- Hat. To keep the sun from burning your skin, always wear a hat. A full-brimmed hat is also a good choice. Make sure the strap is secure so it doesn’t get lost in the wind.
- Comfortable shoes that have good traction. Comfortable shoes with good traction are essential for all your boating activities.
- Pants and jackets that are waterproof. You can get nastiest storm clouds out of nowhere, and you don’t need to worry about the rain.
- Keep a spare set of clothes with you in case you need them. Your vehicle’s seat cushions will be appreciated for being able to remove slime-covered clothes.
Food and personal items
It is not easy to spend a day on the water in the blazing sun while fighting fish larger than a grown man. Packing right is key to protecting and reviving your energy.
- Polarized sunglasses. It’s fun to see fish in the water. However, sun glare can also cause eye damage.
- Lip balm
- Sunscreen. Even on cloudy days, sunburns can still be possible. If possible, wear long sleeves and use sunscreen frequently.
- You should drink plenty of water. Even in wet conditions, it is easy to become dehydrated while fishing. Keep hydrated by drinking water between each catch.
- Snacks and lunch. Super Voyager has a galley, however, you can bring you own snacks and lunch.
- Medications. You should avoid sea sickness. Before I go out, I take Dramamine.
- Cooler. You will end up with lots of meat after a good fishing day. Keep a cooler handy to bring your catch home for dinner.
- Water tight bag. When not in use, keep your gear dry by packing it in a water-tight bag.
- Camera. It will be a memorable experience. Take lots of photos and take great action shots.
- Use hand wipes to clean your hands. It’s always nice to be able to remove fish slime from your hands prior to eating.
- First aid kit. You can get minor cuts and abrasions from hooks, sharp fins, and line-peeling fights. Although most boats have first aid, it is easier to treat minor injuries yourself.
Are there bathrooms on charter boats?
Many charter boats with larger capacity have bathrooms. However, smaller vessels don’t. If your group is concerned about fishing on boats without a toilet, it’s a good idea that you check with the guide before booking.
Is deep sea fishing dangerous?
Deep sea fishing is safe if you take the necessary precautions. Unpredictable weather is the main danger when you venture out onto large open waters. A deep sea charter captain who is experienced should be able to recognize when it is best to cancel a trip due to dangerous weather conditions.
Precarious situations can lead to injuries from sharp hooks, crowded boats and powerful fish. Accidents can happen, even with all the safety precautions in place. Listening to your captain and guides is the best way to keep safe.