You may have heard about this amazing vacation spot in the United States. This coastal South Carolina city has a lot of things to offer. Go on a deep sea fishing Myrtle Beach adventure so you’ll know what we’re talking about. Visit the “Golf Capital of the World” and you’ll understand why people go to this place for a thrilling and unforgettable vacation.
More than 14 million people visit this city annually because of its stunning beaches, exhilarating outdoor activities, and scrumptious cuisines. Deep sea fishing in Myrtle Beach is one of the fun things you can do if you’re looking for an adrenaline rush. There is so much to discover in the Atlantic Ocean’s deep waters and you will surely find yourself drawn to its beauty.
If you are looking forward to your upcoming deep sea fishing experience then read on. Here, you’ll know everything about deep sea fishing Myrtle Beach.
What Can You Catch During A Deep Sea Fishing Trip?
- Snapper/grouper – These are popular targets during a deep sea fishing trip because of their delicious taste and the challenge they offer.
- Amberjack – A well known target for those who go on a fishing trip. Your catch may weigh between 20 to 40 pounds.
- Mahi-Mahi – These are ferocious fighters that are commonly found in waters near the Gulf Stream. They are considered to be the most photogenic fish that can also offer a challenging fight.
- Tuna – The Blackfin and Yellowfin tuna should be on top of your list if you’re looking to experience the thrill of the chase. They appear in spring but you can catch the best bite during the summer season.
- Billfish – They are a force to be reckoned with. You’ll find them closer to the shore during the summer months.
Deep Sea Fishing Myrtle Beach Tips
You will use different methods to get your catch on the boat but that will also depend on the kind of fish that you’re after.
When you go on a deep sea fishing trip, you need to test your luck by stopping at one of the reefs. You don’t have to look very far since the South Carolina’s waters are lined with reefs. You’ll find different species to target like Cobia, Amberjack, Grouper, and Snapper.
Who doesn’t want trolling? It is considered as one of the most reproductive method of reeling in a big fish. This is the best method to hook some of the most prized species off Myrtle Beach’s coast. The best time to do this is during summer.
When To Go On A Deep Sea Fishing Trip
You can go on a deep sea fishing trip with Voyager Deep Sea Fishing & Dolphin Cruises any time of the year. The answer on when depends on what kind of fish you’re looking to catch. If you’re in for bottom fishing to catch Amberjack, Grouper, or Snapper, then you should go during spring. Summer is the best season for deep sea fishing. It’s the best season to catch Tuna, Sailfish, Marlin, Barracuda, and Mackerel.