Deep sea fishing is commonly considered as a summer activity. But here in South Carolina, you will know that you’ll get excellent catches all throughout the year.
Fall and winter are perfect seasons to be out in the water on a deep sea fishing Myrtle Beach trip. If you want to know why you should go, here are some of the most common reasons.
7 Benefits of Deep Sea Fishing During Fall and Winter
- It’s a bit cooler. If the heat is too much for you, you will love the cooler temperatures that winter and fall has to offer. These seasons have lower humidity, which means it’s a great time to be out on the water.
- The sun’s rays are less intense. The sun will sit lower in the sky during these seasons, which makes it much less intense and the day much more enjoyable.
- You’ll catch different kinds of fish. The fish are still around even if it’s not summer and that means you will find different varieties of fish and enjoy plenty of bites.
- It’s a fun activity for the family. Deep sea fishing Myrtle Beach trip is a perfect activity for the entire family. Plus, there will be fewer people who will fish during fall and winter, giving you an easier time to schedule a half day or a whole day fishing charter.
- Grouper! The cooler season brings a lot of grouper. You will have the chance to catch different kinds of grouper since they like cooler water temperatures. You can catch broom tails, gag grouper, goliath grouper, red grouper, and black grouper.
- Enjoy the thrill of trying to catch wahoo. Winter is a wonderful time to catch one.
- Sharks have a tendency to group together in shallow waters during the cooler season, which makes them easier to find. Spinner sharks and blacktip, to be more specific, are known to migrate through waters during the winter season.