You have been travelling the entire day and you have finally made it. You are finally in the beautiful place of Myrtle Beach and you’re all set for your vacation. Your days here are filled with excitement but the one activity that you are looking forward to is to head out into the open ocean together with an experienced and professional deep sea fishing charter. But you have one problem! You have no idea what you have to pack.
Don’t worry. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced angler, here’s a few tips on what you need to bring on a fishing charter.
What do you need to wear?
When you head out onto Myrtle Beach’s beautiful open waters, you should remember that the weather can easily change. You need to be comfortable when you are hauling in your catch.
- Rain gear or windbreaker – these are important in protecting you from sea spray to downpours. They will keep you warm in case you feel a bit chilly during the early morning.
- Light clothes – a T-shirt, shorts, or a light long sleeve shirt will help keep you cool.
- Hat – this will keep your head cool and the sun’s bright light out of your eyes.
- Polarized sunglasses – This will help protect your eyes against the glare of the water.
Don’t Forget Your Sunscreen
The sun’s strength must never be underestimated even if the day seems cloudy. You wouldn’t want your day out on a fishing charter Myrtle Beach to be ruined because of a sunburn. You are going to be wincing each time you cast. The sun’s reflection of the ocean is nice to look at but it will have a negative effect on your skin.
- Check the sunscreen’s SPF. It should have at least SPF 50.
- Bring your chapstick or lip balm. It will help prevent your lips from getting chapped out or burnt on the water.
- Your nose may look funny with it. But if lifeguards wear them, why don’t you?
Deep Sea Fishing Preparation: Bring Your First Aid Kit
When talking about the ocean waves, the “don’t rock the boat” phrase don’t apply. You can make sure that your fishing trip is comfortable and safe by packing your first aid kit.
- If your stomach easily gets upset by ocean waves, then you have to bring your motion sickness medication.
- Don’t forget to bring some extra band-aids.
- Bring a hand sanitizer to make sure your hands are clean.
What food should you bring when going on a deep sea fishing trip?
Everyone has to eat and in the hot sun, you need to make sure that you are hydrated. Here are a few tips and fishing snacks you can bring. Please note that Voyager Deep Sea Fishing & Dolphin Cruises has food and drinks on board for purchase. But it’s always a good idea to bring some of your own.
- Large water bottle or thermos
- Jerky, granola, chips, and other snacks
Voyager Deep Sea Fishing & Dolphin Cruises will take care of all the other crucial requirements before going out in the open water. We’ve got the fishing license, the bait, camera, ice and the cooler, too.
If you are thinking of going on a fishing trip in Myrtle Beach, call Voyager Deep Sea Fishing & Dolphin Cruises now.
Voyager Deep Sea Fishing & Dolphin Cruises
1525 13th Ave N
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582